Tuesday 17 March 2009

Cracked Shell

After 12 days finally the sun is out today. It’s wonderful and helps to elevate my mood which after some wonderful moments yesterday has been slightly... well it still is.
After dinner last night Lili was wondering, something wasn’t right she judged. She was right. The house was curiously empty. Apart from the 66 kittens who would be underage drinkers. We celebrated with a sushi dinner. I rolled and shaped them personally. I rock as usual. But after dinner I fell into a coma type stage staring at the computer screen refusing to acknowledge reality refusing to write this entry. I was too emotional,
I am realising as I am the one who writes, types, I keep going about my own self. Blue Bird reminding me we have news!
The egg has cracked open in the late afternoon. A joyful moment indeed. The little thing has eventually managed to break free from the remains of the egg and happily embraced the parents. Tobi and Elena were just like any new parent; euphoric with joy and indescribably proud of this yet out of shape slimy tininess. I was standing ready with a fire proof blanket so failed to take photos but nobody cared. Dragons don’t like to be seen on photographs anyway.
Oh, they seemed so happy! And rightly so. Even with the cushy pillow it came to a stage when their bottoms were a constant sore.
I am happy for them but sad for myself and our household. It will be some time before they return. Maybe sometime in the summer. It takes a long time for a dragon to learn not to breathe fire unintentionally. They are already missed. In fact, as mentioned earlier they were already missed at dinner time. I almost broke down in crying.
Blabla, Zagy and Blue Bird after dinner went out to celebrate and also to try to get over the fact they won’t be seeing them either for a while. Blue Bird had her sunglasses on all day. Although it is sunny but sitting in the well shaded, slightly dim cafe... well. I enjoyed sushi just the same I believe and it have not given me a hangover.
This drinking reminds me of a friend who has a friend, Lili’s age, with a hobby of collecting beer bottle caps. Only that, no drinking. This friend came up with the idea of surprising him with a great collection from all over the world. For now, you can sand yours to my address, I will forward it. (comment or email me to request address)
Earlier yesterday with a couple of friends we agreed to meet in Oulu on 3rd April for a lunch and other matters. I am quite looking forward to it.
In the morning, yesterday Lili, Jen and i went for a midwife visit. I went with Jen for the first one couple of months back and now we decided to take Lili with us so she can listen to the heartbeat of her yet to be born sibling. It was interesting. At five, trying to handle the future where she will not be a single child she is bouncing between mindless excitement, responsible grownupishenss and a mild annoyance for she will not command alone our attentions. But generally speaking she is pretty cool with it. So are we although at least I have similar kind of mood swings while Jen picked up on the new hobby of poking at her belly.
I am happy, we all are although I miss my friend more than I ever anticipated. To ease my pain I spent the afternoon shopping with Blue Bird. Waiting on the bus in the outskirts, where some bigger shopping outlets located and the paper factory we saw a toy truck whooshing by. The doors weren’t closed properly and a teddy bear fell out. The poor thing run after it for a good half a mile refusing to give up hope even if the truck has long disappeared from view. We run after him. He hasn’t been sold yet to a child therefore he doesn’t have a name. I never imagined a bear could cry so hard. Offered to buy him a coffee and some snacks but he kept on crying. Blue Bird offered him I would take him in and name him, take care of him. I had no choice but to agree. Didn’t want to hurt the poor thing’s feelings. But the name i decided to be a community decision. We been at it all afternoon but nothing yet. Eventually it will come to an agreement.
This is it.
It has been a wonderful year. And another wonderful year is ahead of us.
Should anyone have a message to Tobi, Elena and newbie let me know. I have their number, although they asked me not to give it out to anyone I can pass on a message or two.
Enjoy the spring flowers!

ps should I list on ebay the shattered egg bits? would be interest for an auction for segments or maybe the whole lot in one?

No comments: